Download in PDF: RC Information Package 2019 (February 13, 2019)
BECOME A REGIONAL COORDINATOR FOR QUO VADIS X 2019!
The Quo Vadis X 2019 organizing committee is currently seeking self-motivated, energetic and responsible individuals who have a keen interest in promoting and strengthening young Polonia worldwide. Are you an individual of Polish heritage looking to strengthen or revive the Polonia community in which you live? Do you have a sincere interest in promoting Polish heritage-based organizations and culture? Are you looking for a meaningful way to contribute to Polonia? Do you want to encourage others to connect with young Polonia and strengthen their leadership skills?
If you are driven by any of the above, we invite you to become a Regional Coordinator!
- Motivated student, graduate, or young professional
- At least 19 years old as of September 22, 2019
- Committed to promoting QVX goals and mission statement
- Interested in working closely with the QVX organizing committee
WHAT ROLE DO REGIONAL COORDINATORS PLAY?
The success of QVX depends on the successful interaction between 3 central groups: Honorary Advisors, Organizing Committee and Regional Coordinators. All three play a key role in organizing, promoting, and conceptualizing a successful, grassroots young Polonia conference.
Honorary Advisors: prominent leaders and contributors to their respective Polonia communities.
Organizing Committee: individuals who have joined the organizing committee.
Regional Coordinators: students, graduates, and young professionals who will work within their own Polonia communities to promote QVX and its objectives.
REGIONAL COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibility of Regional Coordinators is to promote and recruit for QVX. Each Regional Coordinator is encouraged to fulfill the following five tasks:
1. PROMOTE: Spread awareness about QVX by utilizing social media and contacting local Polonia organizations. Promotional methods may include encouraging those interested to visit the website, verbally endorsing the conference and creating print or electronic advertisements.
2. REACH OUT: Connect the mission and goals of QVX to the efforts of other Polonia organizations and individuals interested in Polish heritage, culture, and leadership within your respective region.
3. COMMUNICATE: Direct all relevant news, updates and information pertaining to QVX to respective local Polonia organizations and prospective delegates. This may include conference updates, deadlines or educational resources. Be aware of all current progress and updates about QVX and willingly answer any inquiries potential delegates may have.
4. RECRUIT: Actively and continuously recruit students, young professionals and graduates within your respective region.
5. COORDINATE: Be the central point of contact and support for registered delegates within your respective region. Assist them in finding transportation to and from QVX, if need be. Provide a social opportunity and/or communication outlet for delegates from your region to network with one another prior to the QVX.
I have no experience in Polonia organizations – can I still be a Regional Coordinator? Yes, you can! Although experience in leadership roles within community organizations is preferred, it is not required. We need passionate individuals who will be eager to recruit and motivate fellow young adults to partake in the conference.
If I am selected to be a Regional Coordinator, will my conference fee be subsidized? Unfortunately, we do not have the financial means to subsidize conference fees. Everyone attending (including co-chairs, honorary advisors, etc.) is required to pay the full registration fee. We are currently working on sponsorship initiatives to make the cost as low as possible for conference participants!
What is the time commitment? How much time everyone dedicates to Regional Coordinator duties will vary. We ask that you contact all the main Polonia organizations within your region and as well as fulfill the five goals outlined above to the best of your abilities.
Who will select the Regional Coordinators? The organizing committee will accept or reject each Regional Coordinator application.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
If interested, please complete and submit the Regional Coordinator 2019 Application Form.
*** All applications must be submitted by end of day March 15, 2019 ***
If you require further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Regional Coordinator Chair, Krys Weiss: email@example.com.
On behalf of the Quo Vadis X 2019, we would like to thank you for expressing interest in the vital and exciting position of being a Regional Coordinator! We need motivated, responsible, and dedicated individuals, such as yourself, to make sure that QVX is an engaging, educational and memorable conference.
Quo Vadis is Latin for “where are you going?” You can influence the direction Polonia is heading in. Challenge yourself to be a part of the Quo Vadis X team. Promote the conference to your colleagues, friends and family. We are dependent on your dynamic energy to engage other students and young professionals with whom we share values and interests.
We are excited to work with you!
Ania Barycka & Joanna Marks
QVX 2019 Co-Chairs